3-Wheel Basic Rider Course
If you are interested in experiencing a Can-Am Spyder for the first time, want to know more about the handling differences between a 2-wheel and 3-wheel vehicle, or you already ride a 3-wheeler but have never had formal instruction or information about the dynamics of the Vehicle Stability System (VSS) and/or tested the ABS limits then this class is for you!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
We provide a Can-Am Spyder for each student's use.
The 3-Wheel Course Experience
1 Day / 8 Hours
- 3 hours of classroom discussion
- 5 hours of on-bike practice in a controlled, parking lot setting
In the Classroom
Discover the Basics
Your day begins in the classroom learning the skills required to ride a 3 wheel vehicle and the dynamics of the Can-Am Spyder. We will explore in-depth the techniques for managing the risks of riding an open air vehicle on the road and the unique technology built into the Can-Am Spyder. The information and pace is suitable for 1st time riders even if you've never ridden a bike or trike before.
On the Riding Range
Build Confidence and Skill
We'll follow a series of range exercises designed to build your confidence and skill as we progress from basic maneuvers to techniques you can use on the street. We will conclude with a skill test for you to assess your own abilities.
* All times are approximate
What You Will Need
- A current driver's license (car) from any state, or similar DMV identification.
- Helmet 3/4 or full face style (we can provide if needed)
- Eye protection (face shield, glasses or sunglasses)
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket, long pants with no holes or tears
- Boots or sturdy over-the-ankle footwear
- Full-fingered gloves (leather or motorcycle specific)
- SUGGESTED: Water, snacks, hat, sunscreen, etc.